Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Raleigh Baby Shower

We truly had a great time at a couples baby shower with our friends Becky, Matt, Finn, Tim, Brian, Kelly, Brian, Karl, Caroline, Ramsey and our gracious hostess who thought of everything Victoria. Brats, beer, and cupcakes. Awesome. We just wanted to say thank you so much for our Raleigh families support and fun. It was such a nice laid back fun time and really thrilled Adam and I.

It is hard to believe it has been a year already that we have lived here. As we opened our gifts I was thinking about how we would use the jeep carrier, the awesome accessories, and of course when I could get home to start playing with the Mr. Potato Head Kit. But I let out these huge sighs and they were not sighs of stress or worry. They were sighs of relaxing and breathing and knowing we have had quite a rushed and crazy year and in the end things are great. My sighs were not very timely as I would look at happy babies on the cover of packaging and just breath a huge sigh, but really I just kept thinking how did we get so lucky and how this year has flown by. Adam and I went through selling a house, buying a house, two job changes, moving, meeting new people, creating a life for ourselves, and now creating a life for our son. Probably one of the most stressful years of our lives yet we came out of it with great friends, a great marriage, and love and support from California, Colorado, Virginia, and North Carolina. It was a great weekend and after standing in line for an hour this morning to vote in the rain I was looking around thinking I hope everyone is as lucky as us.

We have anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks left and the way baby is moving and dropping I have no idea when to even think he is coming. I am queasy again this month from i think seasickness of all his movements. However, other than tired and usual pregnancy things I have no complaints. Doctors appts are every two weeks and soon to be every week, the nursery is done, and maternity leave planned. So we just wait.......

No comments:

Post a Comment